The Healthy Apple Recipe Simple Summer Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
If you were anything like me as a child, you probably wouldn’t touch Brussels sprouts with a ten-foot pole, right?
Well, let go of that old way of thinking and welcome in Brussels sprouts into your summer kitchen. They’re not just a winter veggie; you can serve them shaved and chilled in a salad!
This shaved Brussels sprouts salad is a delicious, simple and detoxifying dish that’s perfect for the season (when you don’t want to turn on your oven to roast these sprouts like you would in the wintertime).
Simple ingredients like lemon juice and cayenne pepper make this a perfect recipe to serve on a warm summer night.
• 1 ½ lb. Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed
• 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
• 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
• 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Sea salt and pepper, to taste
• Pinch chili powder or cayenne pepper
• Pinch coriander seeds
- Hold Brussels sprouts by the stem and slice into very thin pieces using an adjustable-blade slicer or food processor.
- Transfer pieces to a large bowl with remaining ingredients; toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
About the Author