Mango Kulfi (10 servings)
A delicious, Indian ice cream recipe.
Kulfi is an Indian ice cream.
This super-rich, delicious, and healthy ice cream includes good fats from coconut and pistachios but also utilizes the health benefits of cardamom which is known to help calm the nervous system.
- 1 can of coconut milk (1 ¾ cups)
- 4 cups finely chopped mango
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ cup pistachios
- In a food processor grind a few times the pistachios but keep them crunchy.
- Put a tablespoon aside so you can decorate your kulfi at the end.
- In a food processor purée the coconut milk, mangos, cardamom, and the agave nectar.
- Add the pistachios and pulse one more time.
- Pour the mixture into muffin trays. I usually use aluminum ones so that I can manipulate the tray more easily when removing the kulfi.
- Then, I sprinkle pistachios bits onto each kulfi.
- Then, freeze the kulfi for at least 5 hours.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before removing them from the molds.
Anne-Sophie is a French born adventurer who grew up skiing, dancing and cooking. She started making her own beauty products at age 17 and since then has been passionate about health, beauty and nature. She lives in New York City where she practices yoga and meditation and enjoys the eclectic restaurant scene of the city. As a teacher she is very curious and loves learning new skills.