Grilled Asparagus, Corn and Tomato Salad
Easy to make and perfect for a picnic or potluck, this grilled asparagus and corn salad will become one of your favorites all summer long!
“Summer time means farmers’ markets and fresh, local produce in abundance!
We love eating with the seasons and summer brings delicious bursts of juicy tomatoes, sweet corn, peppery arugula and bright basil.
When you use freshly picked and local ingredients, you get the greatest nutrient density and biggest flavor. This bright and colorful salad is perfect for summer!
Easy to make and perfect for a picnic or potluck, our grilled asparagus and corn salad will become one of your favorites all summer long!”
Christine Beal Dunst and Stephanie Rapp – founders of EMBODY Wellness
INGREDIENTS (use organic and local if possible)
- 1 package or 2 bunches arugula
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (we love the little orange ones!)
- 1 ear of corn
- 10-15 stalks of asparagus
- 8 basil leaves + more for garnish
- 2-3 chives
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
Optional: feta cheese, grilled shrimp, avocado chunks
- Preheat your grill
- Prep your veggies: Snap off the bottom, tough ends of the asparagus and discard. Toss the asparagus stalks in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the corn in aluminum foil.
- Grill your veggies: Grill the corn and asparagus for 10-15 minutes until the asparagus are tender and browned.
- Make your own dressing. While the veggies are grilling, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix in two chives, finely chopped and two basil leaves, torn into small pieces.
- Assemble the salad: Combine the arugula and tomatoes in a large bowl. Cut the grilled asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to the bowl. Cut the kernels of corn off of the cob and add to the salad. Tear in 6 basil leaves. Toss the salad with the dressing. Optional: Top with feta and/or grilled shrimp and avocado. Garnish with basil ribbons.
Christine Beal Dunst and Stephanie Rapp are the co-founders of Embody Wellness Company, your wellness and lifestyle concierge, specializing in creating customizable holistic wellness and nutrition programs targeted at life’s most important milestones: marriage, children, and career.
For more information, visit EmbodyWellnessCompany.com