The classic American household breakfast staple. With a BWB touch.
Pancakes are one of those universal foods that are simply impossible to dislike. So much so, they have been interpreted internationally: In China, we have savory, scallion pancakes. En France, the versatile crêpe. Venture down to Venezuela for cheesy cachapas. Needless to say, everyone likes a good pancake. Today, we stick with the American classic: buttery, sweet, fluffy–and of course, gluten-free, for that BWB touch.
Ingredients (Makes 4 large pancakes):
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of guar gum
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- Maple syrup for tasting
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients before adding the batter into the dry ingredients.
- With a spoonful of coconut oil to grease a pan, scoop ¼ of the batter onto the pan.
- Let pancakes cook until bubbles form before flipping.
- Cook other side until golden brown. Serve hot with syrup.
Anne-Sophie is a French born adventurer who grew up skiing, dancing and cooking. She started making her own beauty products at age 17 and since then has been passionate about health, beauty and nature. She lives in New York City where she practices yoga and meditation and enjoys the eclectic restaurant scene of the city. As a teacher she is very curious and loves learning new skills.