Berry Beautiful: Collagen Panna Cotta
A healthy, skin-enhancing, metabolism-boosting twist on the traditional Italian recipe!
Panna cotta is a traditional dessert from Northern Italy. This recipe uses coconut milk (with healthy fats and vitamins C, E and B!) instead of cream and packs a great whole food balance with the addition of berries (high in antioxidants and folic acid) and beneficial collagen-based amino acids. For this recipe, I use a protein powder with collagen from Vital Proteins.
Berry Beautiful Panna Cotta Recipe – Serves 4
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 cups of fresh organic berries
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water
- Place berries in a food processor and purée.
- Add the orange blossom.
- Put berries and orange blossom mixture aside.
- In the food processor, mix the maple syrup, collagen and coconut milk.
- Let the collagen bloom in the mix (let sit and bubble for 5-10 min).
- Transfer the coconut milk into a saucepan over medium heat and warm the mixture so the collagen dissolves.
- Pour into ramekins or small coffee cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, unmold onto a plate.
- Then, add the berry purée over or around the panna cotta.
Voilà! Enjoy a bite for a healthier glow.
Feature image courtesy of Karly Gomez
Anne-Sophie is a French born adventurer who grew up skiing, dancing and cooking. She started making her own beauty products at age 17 and since then has been passionate about health, beauty and nature. She lives in New York City where she practices yoga and meditation and enjoys the eclectic restaurant scene of the city. As a teacher she is very curious and loves learning new skills.