Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Summer Veggies
Try this delicious gluten-free and vegetarian pizza recipe. The cauliflower crust is a creative alternative for those who have Celiac Disease or are simply trying to cut back on carbs.
Try this delicious gluten-free, vegetarian pizza recipe. The cauliflower crust is a creative alternative for those who have Celiac Disease or are simply trying to cut back on carbs. You’ll be surprised by how easy it is to make!
For the crust
3 cauliflower stalks
¾ cups of Parmigiano-reggiano
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
salt and pepper
¼ cup almond flour
2 tsp tapioca flour
1 medium size zucchini
1 ½ cup of tomato sauce
1 cup of fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until chopped into fine pieces
- Transfer into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze pulp trying to remove as much water as possible
- Transfer the pulp into a microwave-safe bowl and warm for 15 sec
- Drain and repeat with the kitchen towel
- Spread the pulp on a parchment sheet tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Make sure it’s not getting brown
- When done, mix in the rest of the ingredients and let is cool.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, and the egg and form a ball with your hands
- Peel and slice the zucchini in the desired length, and blanch them for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Divide the crust into 2 even balls and flatten them to have 8 inch diameter
- Place the crusts on parchment paper greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 15 min
- Add the tomato sauce and the toppings as desired
- Bake for another 10 min
Anne-Sophie is a French born adventurer who grew up skiing, dancing and cooking. She started making her own beauty products at age 17 and since then has been passionate about health, beauty and nature. She lives in New York City where she practices yoga and meditation and enjoys the eclectic restaurant scene of the city. As a teacher she is very curious and loves learning new skills.