Coconut & Cauliflower Tart
Summer veggies made irresistible in this deliciously photogenic tarte. Bon appétit!
I made this dish for a dinner party and have to say it went down a storm with my guests!
The tart case itself turned out a bit like bread, so one slice is really filling. If you don’t have coconut cream, you could use a dairy-free milk alternative instead.
Natasha Corrett’s Coconut & Cauliflower Tart
For the Tart:
- 2 eggs
- 30g kale
- 160mL coconut cream
- ½ courgette, sliced into ribbons
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
For the Tart Case:
- 300g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 75g ground almonds
- 3 good gratings of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- Zest of ½ lemon, finely grated
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or gas mark 3, and line a 23cm tart tin with baking parchment.
- For the tart case, put the cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender and blitz until it looks a bit like rice. (*Alternatively, chop them by hand as finely as possible)
- Transfer to a bowl and add the ground almonds, nutmeg, lemon zest, salt and the egg.
- Mix together until a dough forms.
- Press this mixture into the prepared tart tin, taking up the sides, too. Then, bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, massage the kale with the lemon juice until it wilts. Set aside.
- To make the filling, beat together the eggs, coconut cream and salt until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Once the tart case is out of the oven, arrange a layer of the kale along the bottom.
- Cover with the courgette ribbons, then pour the egg and coconut mixture on top.
- Return to the oven for 20 minutes until it is cooked through.
© Natasha Corrett Recipe taken from Honestly Healthy Cleanse by Natasha Corrett (Hodder & Stoughton £25)