Tis week the talented Rebecca Katz shares a new recipe with us.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
• PREP TIME: 10 minutes
• COOK TIME: 4 minutes
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Sea salt
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)
To make the dressing, combine the cilantro, parsley, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, jalapeño, garlic, and salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Spritz the cut flesh with lemon or lime juice and sprinkle with salt.
- Make a well in the avocado halves by scooping out some, of the flesh, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Place the flesh in a bowl and mash it lightly with a fork.
- Add the shrimp, apple, and scallion and 4 tablespoons of the dressing; stir until evenly coated. (Reserve the rest of the dressing for another use; it will keep for 5 days in the fridge.)
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into the well of the avocado halves, making a nice mounded scoop in each.
- Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission from The Healthy Mind Cookbook Copyright © 2015 by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson, Ten Speed Press, a division of the Crown Publishing Group, Berkeley, CA.
Photograph © 2015 by Maren Caruso.