Sushi with Cauliflower Rice
Refreshing, yet cozy. Light, but filling. Attractive and delicious.
Refreshing, yet cozy. Light, but filling. Attractive and delicious. This sushi recipe is perfect for any season of the year, whenever your craving calls for it. It’s so simple but also so fun to make on your own or with an additional pair of helping hands! The best part? Cauliflower rice helps lighten the carb count, and also gives it an interesting twist in flavor. Vegan-friendly, too!
- 250g cauliflower
- 100g cashew
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast
- A pinch of salt
- Red bell peppers
- Nori paper
- Mix all cauliflower rice ingredients together in a speed blender.
- Slice carrots, cucumbers and red bell peppers julienne.
- Spread about 80 grams of the cauliflower rice onto a sheet of nori paper.
- Add sliced vegetables on top.
- Carefully roll the nori paper and pack tightly.
- Slice the sushi roll into pieces vertically.
- Serve with wasabi, tamari and pickled ginger if desired!
Originally from Los Angeles, Alicia lived in Shanghai for 11 years before moving back to the states to attend the University of Miami, where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and minors in art and philosophy. Currently residing in New York City, Alicia applies her knowledge of strategic communication and design in her career. She enjoys painting, rugby, exploring, and more often than not, you’ll find her petting someone’s dog.