Are you ready for bikini season? If not, do not fret. We have some natural and nutritional tips to help you. Try a single-food-group cleanse at home. They are easy, low-cost, and work wonders.
Pineapple and Mushroom Cleanse (7 days)
This diet will fight cellulite and water retention in your body. Pineapple, a plant native to South America, is extremely resistant to droughts. The properties of its fruits make it ideal to help drain water from body tissue. While you cleanse, the mushrooms will help you feel full. Do not start this cleanse if you are pregnant or under thirty.
Day 1 and 2: Only eat fish that is either steamed, cooked in court-bouillon, cooked in foil or grilled. As a side, eat raw vegetables or ones cooked without fat.
Day 3–6 (ideally during the full moon): The single-food-group cleanse. Eat only pineapple and mushroom over three large meals, plus snacks.
Day 7: Repeat the diet instructions from day 1-2.
Note: during the fish & vegetable days, you should stick strictly to these, even at breakfast. Start by drinking herbal tea (thyme for example) in the morning to slowly get your organism going, then prepare a Japanese-style breakfast of both or only vegetables. You can drink green vegetable juice if you don’t feel like eating cooked vegetables in the morning.
Sapwood and Lime Tree Cleanse
This liquid cleanse can easily accompany your normal diet, as long as you limit your sugar, cooked fat and dairy intake. Read it here.
A few golden rules
- No second helpings and drink a lot to eliminate.
- Make sure you do not take second helpings and drink a lot of water.
- Make it a habit to drink slimming and draining tea on a regular basis:
• Roman chamomile tea helps detox and cleanse the liver.
• Dandelion tea or dandelion salad helps shed weight.
• Red vine tea or capsules boost circulation against the sensation of “heavy legs”, and help regulate fat storage with a beneficial effect on liver and kidneys.
• Linden bract tea tames your appetite before any meal, it also prevents fat deposits from settling.
Finally, look no further than your kitchen cabinet for ingredients that will help you recover or maintain a slim figure:
• Saffron, which prevents fat from settling.
• Rye bread, whole-wheat bread, grapes, pineapple, papaya, artichoke, nettle (soup), dandelion (salad), garlic, onion, nuts, beans, seeds, germinated barley, oat, and soybeans.
Have a light meal at dinner (steamed fish, vegetables, compotes). Once a week, try doing a vegetable and fruit juice only day, without eating any solid food.
Ask your doctor for advice before starting a cleanse or diet, although following the entry and exit dietary protocol should prevent any risk of gastric discomfort.
Marie-Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre is a journalist and author.
«La médecine personnalisée, retrouver et garder la santé» (Odile Jacob) was published in March 2012 after two years of investigation and research with general practitioner Dr. Jean-Claude Lapraz.
«Se soigner toute l’année au Naturel» (Prat) was published in 2012 and has sold over 250 000 copies. Her latest book «Etre en Bonne santé toute l’année : 20 cures alimentaires» was launched in April 2015.