Broccoli, celery and dill soup
This soup by Natasha Corrett is a perfect alkalising meal in a bowl.
I love to make soups, especially when I’m cleansing, as they fill you up with their delicious nutritious goodness.
This soup is a perfect alkalising meal in a bowl. I’m a big fan of dill, but if you’re not try using coriander or parsley here instead.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 700ml boiling water
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- 100g broccoli, broken into florets
- 100g spinach leaves
- ¼ avocado
- 6g dill fronds, plus extra to garnish
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- In a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil and sauté the garlic and spring onion with the caraway seeds and ground coriander for 2½ minutes, then add 100ml of the boiling water.
- Next, add the celery along with the zest and juice of the lime and leave to simmer for 7 minutes so that the liquid reduces.
- Add another 400ml of water and return to the boil. Drop in the broccoli and pour in the remaining water, add the spinach and let it wilt.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender. Add the avocado, dill, salt and remaining coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Serve the soup hot with an extra garnish of dill if you like.
Recipe taken from Honestly Healthy Cleanse by Natasha Corrett (Hodder & Stoughton £25)
Photograph© Lisa Linder