- Leafy greens including spinach (1 lb) and kale (1 lb), leaves only
- Flat leaf parsley (1/2 lb)
- Medium yellow onions, diced (2)
- Garlic, diced (optional)
- Kurkuma root, peeled and chopped (1/4 lb or about 4 pieces)
- Ginger, peeled and chopped (1/4 lb)
- Vegetable stock, organic and no salt (16 ounces)
- Fennell, chopped (one bulb)
- Baby cucumbers, peeled and diced (2)
- Olive Oil, organic
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Stir fry yellow onions on low flame with two tablespoons of olive oil (garlic optional).
- When translucent, transfer to soup pot.
- Add fennel, kurkuma and ginger and cover with stock.
- Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and kale and again bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and boil for additional 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Use hand blender (salt and pepper optional) and to remove fibers (optional), strain before serving.
For cold soup only, put cucumbers on bottom of bowl before pouring soup and garnish with sprinkled olive oil.
(Serves 8 – Hot or Cold)