2-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Mousse Pots
This recipe is the perfect last-minute option for a luxurious dessert that’s bound to be a crowd-pleaser at your next soirée.
This recipe only uses eggs and 70% cacao dark chocolate. It is absolutely delicious and I like serving it in small pots, as it has an intense flavour and is very satisfying. It goes really well with my berries and mint salad, which I often serve together with. This delicious dessert combination is the perfect way to end a meal – on a sweet yet very light note!
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 6 large organic free-range eggs
- 5.3 oz or 150g of 70% cooking dark chocolate
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: Cacao nibs to decorate
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt it. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks, setting one yolk aside. Whisk the whites with a pinch of salt until they form soft peaks.
- Once the chocolate is melted, let it cool down a bit and incorporate the one yolk.
- Take a tablespoon of the whisked eggs and mix it gently in the chocolate mix.
- Fold the rest of the chocolate mix in the whisked egg whites. Be careful not to mix too hard. I like to fold for a long time until the mixture is even.
- Serve in small pots. I like to decorate with cacao nibs!
- Put in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
Born to both Moroccan and Iranian parents, Yalda moved away from Morocco to study business in both France and London. Having consistently struggled with various life-threatening health conditions, Yalda created a low inflammation lifestyle which helps keep her in remission. Follow along her journey on Eat Burn Sleep!