When it comes to skincare, most men are on the same page as we are. Believe it or not, a good number are just as concerned (and as mildly obsessed) as women with achieving healthy, glowing skin.
Here is a list of a few of our favorite men’s skin care lines, some of which have conveniently found their way into our own beauty regimes.
DR JACKSON’S natural skincare is an ethical and sustainable line that combines science and botanicals to deliver versatile products that are beneficial to all skin types.
Our Three Favorites
• 05 Face and Eye Essence is a cloud-like gel that offers a hydrating boost around the eyes and face for even the most sensitive skin. It is amazing after a workout, while traveling, or as a simple everyday antioxidant.
• 03 Everyday Oil combines 10 oils, including almond, wheat germ, sunflower and evening primrose oils, just to name a few. It is great for after a shave, or for anti-aging purposes in general. The oil may be applied morning and night, and may also be used in hair and on cuticles.
• 07 Face Wash gently foams, cleanses, firms, and balances while awaking the skin with aromas from Mandarin orange peel oil.
Organic Male OM4
Organic Male OM4 or OM4Men uses effective, organic, modern skin care research in making products specifically for men’s skin. OM4Men understands that most men prefer a direct, simple, and easy way to address their skin care needs and concerns. The four variations of their 4-step, 4-product, 4-minute routine cleanse, tone and smoothen out the skin:
- The Sensitive Skin System uses active marine-based ingredients to address reactive skin.
- The Oily Skin System uses white willow bark, tea tree, and eucalyptus balance oil production, heal breakouts, and soothe the skin.
- The Normal Skin System highlights “earthy botanicals” like blueberry, oat, and pomegranate for their antioxidant powers.
- The Dry Skin System channels ingredients from the desert like cactus and desert licorice to help retain moisture in the skin.
MALIN + GOETZ
MALIN + GOETZ began in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City and it is the epitome of the modern apothecary. Don’t let their tagline “simple skin care solutions” fool you. There is nothing simple about creating an effective, modern, and natural skin care line.
A Few of Their Best-Sellers (And Our Favorites)
• Vitamin E Moisturizer, which can be be used not only as an everyday moisturizer, but also as an aftershave. Considering some of the ingredients are hyaluronic acid, chamomile, and fatty acids, we see why men find this so calming for their skin.
• Rum Body Lotion is packed with triglycerides, provitamin B5, avocado oil, grapeseed oil and, yes, dark rum. The lotion goes on light but works hard to keeps skin moisturized and protected. Watch out… the scent is pretty alluring.
• Replenishing Face Serum uses two kinds of algae for their trace minerals, sodium hyaluronate to hydrate and plump the skin, and chamomile and lavender to calm and sooth the skin.
And last but not least, give him the give of easy and luxurious self-care on-the-go with the Malin + Goetz Weekender Kit!
Floris London the famous British perfume house, has a men’s skin care and grooming line that breathes sophistication. Founded in England in 1730, the company has hundreds of years of experience, which shines through in their artful and creative use of ingredients. Any man would feel special using these products.
For a Luxurious Shaving Experience
• No.89 Shaving Cream uses aloe and chamomile to soothe while enveloping you in aromas of bergamot, nutmeg, Neroli, and cedar wood.
• No.89 After Shave Balm is free of alcohol and includes black currant, borage and rapeseed oil to comfort the skin. It deliciously smells of orange, bergamot and Neroli.
• No.89 Moisturizer features British extracts of willow, hops, and oat to hydrate, uses Persian Silk Tree for the perfect manly glow.
Lqd aka Liquid Skin Care is an Australian brand designed to protect men’s skin through harsh environments and tough workouts, and boasts anti-aging benefits, as well. They respect the scientific integrity of their products by delivering them in sleek packaging and using airless pump dispensers.
Our Two Favorites
• Face Calm is designed to reduce irritation, redness and inflammation with the use of triglycerides, organic aloe, green tea, chamomile and Allantoin. Light in texture, it absorbs immediately and is fragrance free.
• Eye Restore reduces dark circles, fine lines, and puffiness. Some key ingredients include 6 peptides and caffeine.
There you have it, gentlemen: products that meet and exceed our standards for skincare here at BWB. Most we would even use for ourselves, but we respect that you, too, are entitled to your own beauty regime.
Vanessa Baumann has been a licensed, medical aesthetician in New York for over twenty-three years, working with some of Manhattan’s top plastic surgeons. Choosing to change gears and express herself through her love of writing, she is now a freelance writer and beauty editor. Vanessa also may be found on Facebook and Instagram, sharing her knowledge of skincare products, advice, and the quest for glowing skin.